Rava, Semolina, or Suji ladoo is a yummy, simple Indian sweet recipe that can be prepared within minutes with simple ingredients in the kitchen. It is an ideal sweet make for any festival &occasions. Such as Raksha Bandhan(Rakhi, Diwali, Janmashtami, Eid&other occasions.Rava ladoo recipe namely semolina sugar or tagar, ghee,& milk. It is flavored with cardamom powder, nuts &rasian give it nutty & crunchy texture.
- 1-2 cup Semolina,Suji (fine)
- 1-1/2 cup Sugar powder or tagar(or as per taste)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 or 1-1/2 pure ghee(clarified butter)
- 3/4tsp Cardamom powder
- 10-12 Almonds
- 8-10 Pistachios
- 6-8 Cashews
- 2/4 Cup Green Raisins
- 1/2 cup Dry Grated Coconut or dissected coconut powder
- First, take a heavy bottom pan or wok, add suji or semolina, cardamom in one cup of ghee roast them on medium-low flame for 8-10 minutes until suji becomes little fragrant & slightly brown.
- Transfer it to a large bowl, and let it cool down a bit.
- Take a pan to add 1tsp ghee on medium heat once the ghee is ready to fry then add cashews, almonds pistachios,& rasians then fry for just 1-2 minutes.
- When dry fruits cool then finely grate or chop them.
- In the same pan add grated coconut roast on low flame for 1 minute.
- When all things are ready then add sugar powder, dry fruits & 1/2 cup warm ghee in roasted Rava, add 1-2 tablespoon milk also, mix it very well to incorporate the sugar & roasted semolina.
- Take a small amount of mixture in your hand and make it small roll into small balls, if you are not able to form a ladoo, add little milk.
- Repeat the process till the mixture is over, these ladoos stay fresh at room temperature in an airtight container for one-two weeks easily.
- Garnish with dry fruits(optional)
- If you want to reduce the ghee by half use more hot milk for binding the ladoo, but if you are using more milk its reduce self-life & refrigerate it. 🙂