Nawabi Seviyan is a rich and decadent dessert that is perfect for special occasions or when you’re in the mood for something indulgent. This dessert is a combination of roasted vermicelli, creamy custard, and chopped nuts that are layered together to create a delicious and visually stunning dessert. With its roots in the royal kitchens of India, the Nawabi Seviyan is a dessert fit for a king or queen. In this recipe, we’ll show you how to make this dessert step-by-step so that you can impress your friends and family with your culinary skills. So let’s get started!
For roasting Seviyan:
- 300 grams fine vermicelli (Seviyan)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup khoya (mawa)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup custard powder (vanilla flavour)
- 1 cup condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoons chopped pistachios
- 2 tablespoons chopped cashews
How to roast Seviyan:
- Heat 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter in a pan and add 300 grams of vermicelli.
- Roast the vermicelli on low heat until it turns crunchy and light golden brown.
- Turn off the heat, add 1 cup of khoya and 1/2 cup of powdered sugar. Mix well until everything is well combined. Keep aside.
How to make eggless custard:
- In a large bowl, take 4 cups of milk.
- Add 1/2 cup of custard powder and 1 cup of condensed milk. Mix well until there are no lumps.
- Pour the mixture into a large kadai and cook on low heat.
- Keep stirring until the mixture thickens and turns creamy. It will thicken more once cooled completely.
How to layer the Nawabi Seviyan:
- In a pan, transfer half of the roasted Seviyan and press it down to make it tight.
- Pour in the prepared custard, leaving some gap for the Seviyan to be topped up.
- Top up with the remaining roasted Seviyan and then sprinkle with roasted nuts (almonds, pistachios, and cashews).
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or until the custard sets completely.
- Cut the Nawabi Seviyan into pieces and serve chilled.
Enjoy your delicious and creamy Nawabi Seviyan!