Diwali or Deepawali is the festival of sweets, Diyas and Rangoli, this is the time of the year when lightening up with earthen lamp, candle, kheel(roasted Rice Dhani), sugar toys is seen every corner in the world. Diwali symbolizes the spiritual“Victory of light over darkness”. During this festival, all temples, homes, shops, and office buildings are brightly illuminated. This festival is not a one-day festival, it is five days festival which begins with Dhanteras(Naraka Chaturdashi)and ends with Bhai Dooj. Any festival or occasions are not complete without sweets so today we will be making Kaju-Pista burfi, it’s very easy, popular in North Indian sweet. Kaju-Pista burfi is very simply tasty and delicious. Homemade Kaju-Pista burfi or any sweet as Besan Ke Ladoo, Mohanthal (besan ki burfi), Gulkand Ladoo, Coconut burfi, Malpua, Rasmalai, Bengali Rosogulla, Kesari Phirni, Rice Pudding(kheer), Yummy crunchy Boondi etc can be made at home easily.
- 1/2 cup Cashew(Kaju)
- 1/2 cup Pistachios(Pista)
- 1cup sugar or as per taste
- 2-3 tbsp Milk powder
- 1-2tsp Ghee
- 1-2 drops Green color(optional)
- 1/2tsp Green cardamom powder
- 5-6 strands saffron(Keser)
- 1-2tbsp Kaju -Pista (Finely chopped)
- 2-3 Silver leaves(Chandi ka vark)(optional)
- First, take a blender to add cashew &pistachio in a jar and blend a fine powder, blend very carefully blend time use pulse don’t use speed because of fat comes out.
- Combine cashews, pistachios, and milk powder mix it very well and keep aside.
- Take a non-stick wok to add water and sugar cook on a medium to high flame till the sugar dissolve add saffron and forms one string consistency, it will take 5-6 minutes.
- Now add the mixed powder of cashews, milk, and pistachios powder mix continuously keep the heat on low to medium till it from thick. when m mixture starts to boil then add 1-2 tbsp ghee, cardamom powder.
- Transfer the mixture on to the greased tray, tap and level the mixture, and allow the dough to rest 8-10 minutes, cut into pieces.
- When its cool completely It is ready to be served to your Guests at your Diwali Party.
Note: It can be stored up to 1 month in an Air-tight container.