Pasta salad is a favourite picnic dish, potluck dish, and gathering dish. Featuring a rich and tangy dressing, this creamy macaroni pasta salad is a delicious twist on traditional pasta salad.
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh dill
- Cook the macaroni in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, according to package instructions. To stop the cooking, drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, Dijon mustard, white wine vinegar, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- Add the cooked macaroni, red bell pepper, orange bell pepper, green bell pepper, red onion, parsley, and dill to the bowl with the dressing. Toss everything together until the pasta is well coated with the dressing and the vegetables are evenly distributed.
- Refrigerate the pasta salad for at least 30 minutes before serving to allow the flavours to blend.
Whether it’s for dinner or a party, we’ve got you covered with this creamy macaroni pasta salad. Served with grilled sandwiches, and other summer favourites, it’s delicious and filling. Enjoy!