As the festive fervor of Ganesh Chaturthi envelops our homes, there’s something truly magical about the air, filled with the scent of incense and the anticipation of welcoming Lord Ganesha. And what better way to celebrate this joyous occasion than by preparing a classic favorite with a unique twist?
This year, let’s dive into the realm of tradition with a modern twist as we unveil a delightful secret – Jaggery Modaks without rice! 🙌🏼🐘 These divine treats encapsulate the essence of the festival in every bite, and the best part? They are incredibly easy to make. Join me on this culinary journey as we discover the magic of jaggery & coconut coming together to create these heavenly delights.
Intrigued? Well, you should be! Get ready to embark on a flavorful adventure that will leave your taste buds dancing with delight. Let’s unlock the sweet mysteries of this unique Jaggery Modak recipe, tailor-made for Ganesh Chaturthi celebrations. 🌼✨
- 1 cup grated fresh coconut
- 1 cup grated jaggery
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- A pinch of nutmeg powder
- A pinch of salt
- 2 Tablespoon Ghee
- Modak molds
- Prepare the Filling:
- In a pan, add 1 tbps ghee then add the grated coconut and grated jaggery.
- Cook on low heat, stirring continuously until the jaggery melts and blends with the coconut.
- Continue to cook while stirring, until the mixture thickens and leaves the sides of the pan.
- Add cardamom powder and a pinch of salt and nutmeg powder for flavor. Mix well.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and let it cool. Once cool, shape it into small round balls.
- Shape the Modaks:
- Grease the modak molds with a little ghee to prevent sticking.
- Take a small portion of the mixture and press it into the mold, ensuring it’s evenly spread.
- Close the mold to shape the modak. Gently remove any excess mixture around the edges.
- Repeat this process for the remaining mixture.
- Offer to Lord Ganesha:
- Place the jaggery modaks on a plate or tray and offer them to Lord Ganesha during your puja.
- Once the puja is done, these delicious homemade jaggery modaks are ready to be enjoyed by family and friends.
- Share the joy and sweetness of this homemade treat with your loved ones this Ganesh Chaturthi!
Note: You can also garnish the modaks with chopped nuts like almonds or pistachios for an added crunch and flavor.
Remember, the beauty of this recipe lies in its simplicity and the rich flavor of jaggery and coconut coming together to create a divine treat. Happy Ganesh Chaturthi! 🙏🏼🐘✨