This Mint Lemonade recipe will make you feel like you are on vacation! Low in sugar- but packed with sweet& sour. Mint lemonade drink is found in North America&theMiddle East. Mint Lemonade is considering the famous beverage or drink in Egypt&Israel. In Israel, its famous is Limonana &in Egypt Ahwa. There is an ahwa on every street corner in Egypt, nowadays it is very popular worldwide. It’s just sweetened lemonade with mint springs and blended with ice to make a frothy bright green drink, it is very refreshing.
Serve for 4:
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 3-4 Mint springs to use as garnish
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 3-4 cups crushed ice
- 1/2 tsp Lemon zest
- Take a blender, add the lemon juice, mint, sugar, water blend until the sugar has completely dissolved into the liquid.
- Add the ice, blend on low speed to break up the ice then increase the speed and blend until it’s uniform slushy texture.
- Pour into glasses and place spring of mint in each.
- SERVE IMMEDIATELY :)
For tangier flavoured you can add roasted cumin powder and pinch black salt.it is very tasty,I can vouch for it :P