If you enjoy having mixed fruit jam with your regular day-to-day breakfast, whether it’s on toast, chappatis, parantha, or even cakes, then you’re in luck! I have an easy fruit jam recipe to share with you, complete with a step-by-step method. This amazing jam is not only versatile but it’s also loved by kids. You can use it as a spread on plain bread or as a topping on waffles and pancakes. So, why not give it a try and let me know what you think?
- 2 Cup Chopped & Peeled Red Apple
- 1 Cup Raspberries
- 1 Cup Mango
- 1/2 Cup Blueberries
- 5-7 Chopped Strawberries
- 2-3 teaspoons of Lemon Juice
- 2 Cup Sugar
- Start by taking a heavy bottom pan and adding sugar and fruit. Sauté them on a medium flame for 10-15 minutes, allowing the fruits and berries to marinate in the sugar to bring out their flavour and juices.
- Gently stir the fruits and berries, then add lemon juice and bring to a full boil on medium flame. Reduce the heat to low-medium and mash the fruits using a potato masher.
- Keep an eye on the mixture and stir frequently for 10-15 minutes to avoid lumps.
- To check if the jam is starting to set, take a cold spoon that has been kept in the freezer for some time and dribble some jam on a plate. Wait a few seconds, then run a finger through it. If it leaves a distinct track in the jam, then it is done. If it’s still runny, keep cooking it for 2-3 minutes and test it again.
- Once you see that it’s ready, turn off the heat and carefully transfer the jam to a clean and dry glass bottle. Allow it to cool to room temperature, then store it in the refrigerator.
- If you prefer to use a blender instead of a potato masher, feel free to blend all the chopped fruits at your convenience.
- During the cooking process, if the fruit puree tends to foam up, gently remove the foam using a spoon. This will ensure that your jam has a smooth texture and is free of any unwanted foam.