As the festival season is approaching and the most important part of these festivities is exchanging gifts and sweets among family and friends, while there are many traditional Indian sweets and desserts. But this bread malai roll recipe is a very quick and easy to make indo-western fusion yummy dessert for your guests at any festival or occasion.
- 9 Slices of White Bread
For Instant Mawa :
- 1,1/2 tbsp Butter(unsalted)
- 1 cup of milk powder
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1-2 tbsp mix dry fruits(finely chopped)
For infused or malai milk:
- 1-liter milk(full fat)
- 200ml condensed milk
- 1/4tsp green cardamom powder
- 8-10 almonds(thinly sliced)
- 7-9 Pistachios (roasted & thinly sliced)
- 6-7 saffron strands (soaked with hot milk)
- 1/2 Rosewater or kewda (optional)
- First, take a heavy bottom wok or pan, add milk on medium flame, bring the milk to boil add saffron, cardamom powder, cook from low to medium flame for 10-15 minutes.
- Keep stirring continuously when milk goes half in quantity then add condensed milk, rose water & add thinly sliced almonds, pistachios. Mix well.
- Bring it to room temperature and refrigerate it.
- For instant mawa, take a pan, add all the ingredients and mix well now put on low flame.
- Stir & cook the mixture on low to medium flame, till the mixture starts solid or thickens, add cardamom powder and thinly sliced dry fruits.
- Allow it to cool.
- Start to make bread roll, first trim the edges of all bread slice, roll, and make the bread slices with the help of a rolling pin.
- Spread a tbsp of mawa paste uniformly & make it roll tightly.
- Place the rolled malai bread in a deep serving plate, then pour prepared creamy mouth-watering Kesar rabdi, or thick malai milk slowly.
- Decorate with thinly sliced almonds & pistachios
- This bread malai roll is very easy to make and will surely be satisfying your sweet tooth. Make sure that this malai roll should refrigerate 3-4 hour as these Malai Rolls taste the best when served chilled