Stuffed ladyfingers bites are very delicious & popular vegetarian side dish. It is low in saturated fat, sodium & low in cholesterol. Ladyfinger is a good source of protein, iron, zinc, copper, vitamins and other minerals. I am making it in a simple way with ajwain(carom) seeds, onion, spices & lemon juice. Remember one thing don’t use water.
- 250 gm Fresh ladyfingers
- 2 Medium-size onions
- 2 Red medium-size tomatoes
- 1-2 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp Kashmiri Lal Mirch powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 cup Curd(Fresh)
- 1-2 tbsp Oil
- Salt as per taste
- First, rinse off the ladyfingers in water thoroughly then dry them naturally or use a kitchen towel to wipe the water completely.
- Remove the crown off and base off ladyfingers & slit all of them with the help of a knife.
- Keep them aside.
- Take a mixer jar, add chopped onion, tomato & all the spices make it into coarse pastes with little water.
- Take a wok then add oil into it let it heat on medium flame then add the prepared paste and saute it for 2-3 minutes then add curd and saute 3-4 minutes, add salt stir it well 1-2second.
- After masala let it cool little then take a ladyfinger to start stuffing with the prepared paste, repeat with all slits okra or ladyfingers
- Then again place all stuffed ladyfingers in the wok again on the low flame, cover it with a lid, then open after 2-3 minutes and flip them..
- cook Ladyfinger for 5-7 minutes more then they are ready to be served.
- Stuffed ladyfinger can be served with Roti, Naan, Lachha paratha, Poori, Plain raita, Boondi raita or Chass as a complete vegetarian meal or another side dish.