Get ready to embark on a gastronomic journey that will introduce you to a captivating blend of flavours and textures. Today, we unveil a recipe that showcases the sheer brilliance of raw bananas in a dish that will leave you craving for more – the exquisite Raw Banana Kofta! Brace yourself as we unlock the secrets of this vegetarian delight that takes traditional Indian cuisine to new heights.
Prepare to be amazed as the humble raw banana undergoes a magical transformation, elevating it to the status of a culinary superstar. This unique recipe combines the earthy goodness of raw bananas with a medley of aromatic spices, resulting in koftas that are as enticing to the eyes as they are to the palate.
But why raw bananas, you might wonder? Beyond their ripe and sweet counterparts, raw bananas have their own hidden treasures to offer. Bursting with essential nutrients like dietary fibre, potassium, and vitamin C, raw bananas hold the key to a healthier lifestyle. They aid digestion, regulate blood pressure, and boost your immune system, making them a perfect addition to any diet.
Are you ready to unlock the secrets of this exceptional dish? Let’s get started on our journey to discover the wonders of raw banana kofta together!
For the Kofta:-
- 4 raw bananas (firm and green)
- 1 cup grated paneer (Indian cottage cheese)
- 20-25 Green Raisins
- 20-25 Chironji Seed
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
For the Gravy:-
- 2 cups tomato puree
- 1/2 cup cashew paste
- 1 tablespoon ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon Kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt to taste
- Fresh cream for garnish
- Begin by boiling the raw bananas until tender. Once cooled, peel the bananas and grate them in a bowl then add salt to make a dough-like texture then keep it aside
- Now for the filling mix grated paneer, chironji seed and green Raisins, , Mix everything thoroughly to form a dough-like consistency.
- Shape the mixture into small round balls or oval-shaped then add it inside the banana dough close them and shape them into balls [koftas] and set them aside.
- Heat oil in a deep pan to fry the koftas. Once the oil is hot, carefully add the koftas in small batches and fry until golden brown. Remove them with a slotted spoon and place them on a kitchen towel to absorb excess oil.
- In a separate pan, heat ghee and add cumin seeds. Once they splutter, add turmeric powder, Kashmiri red chilli powder, and tomato puree. Cook the gravy on medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce the heat and add cashew paste, sugar, and salt to the gravy. Stir well and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Just before serving, gently place the fried raw banana koftas into the simmering gravy and cook for 2 minutes to allow the flavours to meld together.
- Serve the raw banana kofta hot, garnished with fresh cream and a sprinkle of chopped cilantro. Pair it with steaming basmati rice or warm naan bread for a complete meal.
The raw banana kofta is not just a dish; it’s an experience that will tantalize your taste buds and leave you craving for more. Imagine sinking your teeth into delicately spiced koftas with a tender yet slightly firm texture, perfectly balanced by a rich and luscious gravy. Each bite will transport you to a world of pure culinary bliss.