Black chana is a variation of the commonly found chickpea but it is dark brown in color and smaller in size. It is also known as Bengal Gram. A cup of boiled black (Kala) chana contains 269 calories, it is the cholesterol-free. One cup of boiled in salt water contains iron, calcium, protein. This recipe especially I make when we break Navratri fast so this day makes black dry chana, Suji Halwa & Poori. This dry black chana recipe is made with fewer ingredients, it is no onion or no garlic recipe, This Kala chana has slightly tangy and sour taste, It’s very tasty, yummy, quick and simple recipe.
- 1 1/2 cup Black(Kala) chana(soaked 5-6 hour)
- 1tsp Cumin seeds
- 1-2 pinch asafoetida
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/4tsp black peppercorn powder
- salt to taste
- 1tsp chat masala(optional)
- 3/4tsp black salt
- 1tsp ghee
- 1-2 green chili(finely chopped)
- 1-tsp lemon juice
- 1 inch Ginger Julian
- 1small red tomato (sliced)
- 2-3string of fresh coriander(for garnishing)
- First, take a medium-sized bowl to add black chana and water then soak for 5-6hour, when they become double in size, they are completely soaked.
- Boil the chana in a pressure cooker with salt for 15-20 minutes till chana is fully cooked completely, after boiled chana take a strainer, strain the chana.
- Take a pan, heat ghee on medium flame, add cumin seeds, asafoetida when cumin seeds start to splutter then add turmeric powder then add boiled chana and mix well.
- Add 1/2 cup water then saute the black chana on a low flame avoid high flame so as avoid burning.
- Add black salt, black peppercorn powder, chat masala, lemon juice to black chana saute 1-2 second, black chan is ready for service.
- Serve dry chana hot with Julian of ginger, green chili, sliced tomato, wedges of lemon and garnish with freshly chopped coriander.
- Dry boiled black chana with lime juice, green chili, Julian of ginger, chat masala give a great taste, eat with poori, paratha, naan, kulcha or without its very tasty and healthy chat ¡¡¡.