Sweet boondi is an Indian dessert made from sweet syrup, Since it is very sweet it has natural preservatives it can be stored for a week. Sweet Boondi is a popular prasad on Tuesday and Saturday after a temple visit. Sweet boondi is actually a prior version of Boondi Ladoo. Boondi is very easy to make at home. Boondi can also be made salty with some spice, it’s popularly used to prepare boondi raita.
- 2 cups gram flour(Besan)
- 1-2 drop of food color yellow or orange
- A pinch of baking soda
- water as per required
- Oil or ghee for fry
For sugar syrup:
- 2 cups sugar
- 1tsp green cardamom powder
- 4-5 saffron thread(soak with hot water)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1sp silvers almond
- 1tsp silvers pistachio
- Take a broad pan to add sugar, water and cook on a high flame for 6-7 minutes or till the sugar is of one thread consistency add saffron and green cardamom powder. Keep it aside.
- Sieve the gram flour into a wide bowl, add baking soda, food color, and water little by little and make pouring consistency batter, add 1tbs hot oil or ghee mix it well.
- Heat the oil in a deep kadhai or pan, hold the strainer above the kadhai and pour gram flour batter so that boondi drops into the hot oil, deep fry boondi on medium flame and remove using a slotted spoon and put them in sugar syrup.
- Repeat the process of making boondi and adding to the syrup with rest of batter, let them soak for 40-60 minutes.
- Serve it garnished with silvers almond and pistachio
Drain the extra syrup with the help of a strainer, Sweet boondi is ready to be served.