Matar chat is one of the most famous chatpati delicious spice chaat very popular in India, This matar is not really green peas but dry white peas. Matar chat is very tasty and lip-smacking snack with some correct measurement spices and soothing green and imli chutney. It can be served hot as a snack or even as the main course.
- 2cups dried white peas
- 1tsp rock salt
- 2tsp black salt
- 1tsp chaat masala
- 1tsp Kashmiri lal mirch powder
- 1tsp black peppercorn (finely crushed)
- 3-4tsp Roasted cumin powder
- 2 medium red onion(finely chopped)
- 2 medium-size red tomato(small sliced)
- 2 green chili(finely chopped)
- 1-2inch ginger(finely chopped)
- 2-3tbs imli chutney
- 3-4tbs green chutney
- 6-7 strings of fresh coriander(finely chopped)
- Water as per required
First, wash and soak matar in 3-4cups of water overnight, add the matar, rock salt, water in, a pressure cooker, cook for 7-8 minutes or 3-4 whistle on medium flame.
Let the cooker depressurize on its own, open the cooker and make sure matra is cooked properly not mushy.
Take a big bowl to add the boiled matar.