Cumin(jeera) Biscuits or Cookies
Jeera (cumin) biscuits or cookies are made eggless or with egg, they are crispy, salty and mildly sweet and perfect snacks for any time with tea, coffee, and milk.
- 1to 3/4cups all-purpose flour
- 100gm Butter(unsalted)
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds(roasted)
- 1tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- Take a big bowl add butter and sugar, mix till it gets light and fluffy, add beaten egg in the mix nicely.
- Take a sieve add all-purpose flour, salt, baking powder & baking soda sieve it all together, shift into the bowl of butter and sugar fluffy cream made previously then add cumin seeds and mix till the mixture with hand, so it resembles like breadcrumbs.
- Preheat oven for 180°c for 1o minutes, place a butter paper on a baking tray.
- Add milk in the mix and knead it into a soft dough, dust board with some flour put the dough to make it roll out a thick sheet and cut with cookie cutter. Discard the excess dough and place again on board, roll it and cut cookies.
- Place the all cookies or biscuits on the butter paper, put the tray in preheat the oven and bake for 7-8 minute, check it and do it again for 6-7 seven minutes.
- Take out from oven and let them cool on the cooling rack for 8-10 minutes.
- Serve it with tea and coffee or store in an airtight container.
- If you like carom(ajwain) seeds you can add carom seeds in place of cumin seeds.
Copyright © 2018 Recipe-Times, All Rights Reserved