Cranberry Pickle / Achar is spicy and tangy, finger licking condiment that is the perfect accompaniment for most of the breakfast recipe. It is the recipe for cranberry with a twist.
- 250gm.or 2cups fresh cranberry(washed and dry proper not moist, cut into two pieces)
- 2-3tsp fenugreek seeds(roasted and coarse grind)
- 2-3tsp yellow mustard seeds(roasted and grind coarse)
- 2-3tsp nigella seeds(roasted and coarse grind)
- 1-2tspfennel seeds(roasted seed and coarse grind)
- 1/41sp asafetida
- 1-1/1/2tsp turmeric powder
- 2tsp Kashmiri Lal Mirch
- salt to taste
- 2-3tbs.mustered oil
First, take a glass bowl add cranberries and 1-2 tsp salt and mix it well, leave that for 5-6 hour.
Next step take out cranberry out from salt and dry them for 3-4 hour in sunlight.
Heat oil in a non-stick pan and add first asafoetida, mustard seeds, and other all spices saute them for 1-2 minutes, add cranberries and salt as per taste, saute for 1-2 minutes, and turn off the flame.
After it is cool down transfer it in a glass jar and allow it to rest for 2-3 days, now tasty cranberry pickle is ready.
Enjoy with curd rice, chappati, paratha, puri, stuffed paratha, with any type bread.
Tip: Make cranberry pickle and store for the whole year.It is very tasty and yummy.