Rajgira Pakora is a delightful snack that is perfect for any occasion. Whether it’s a rainy day, a family get-together, or a festive celebration, these crispy and savoury fritters are sure to please your taste buds. Made with grated potatoes, Rajgira flour, and spices, these pakoras are not only delicious but also healthy and gluten-free. In this blog post, we will be sharing the recipe for Rajgira potato pakora and how you can easily make them at home.
- 2 large potatoes
- 2 green chillies (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon of Rajgira flour (Amaranth flour)
- 1 tablespoon of Singhara flour (Water Chestnut flour)
- 1 tablespoon of Coriander leaves (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon of Cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon of Red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- Peel the potatoes and grate them using a grater. Squeeze out the excess water and keep them aside in a bowl.
- Add the finely chopped green chillies, coriander leaves, cumin seeds, red chilli powder, and salt to the grated potatoes. Mix them well.
- Add the Rajgira flour, and Singhara flour to the potato mixture. Mix everything together to form a thick and sticky batter.
- Heat oil in a deep pan for frying the pakoras
- Once the oil is hot, take a small portion of the potato mixture and shape it into a small ball or a flat disc.
- Drop the potato pakoras gently into the hot oil and fry them till they turn golden brown and crispy.
- Remove the pakoras from the oil using a slotted spoon and place them on a paper towel to absorb the excess oil.
- Repeat the process with the remaining potato mixture until all the pakoras are fried.
Your Rajgira potato pakoras are now ready to be served. You can serve them hot with chutney
These pakoras are perfect for Navratri as they are made using Navratri-friendly flours and ingredients. Rajgira flour & Singhara flour are commonly used during Navratri as they are gluten-free and can be consumed during fasts. The addition of green chillies and coriander leaves gives a spicy and tangy flavour to the pakoras, making them an irresistible snack.
In conclusion, Rajgira Pakoras is an easy and delicious snack that can be enjoyed during Navratri. With the above recipe, you can make this tasty and healthy snack at home and enjoy it with your family and friends. So, go ahead and give it a try!