Hummus, the famous traditional Lebanese spread, has a creamy chickpea texture.Hummus is spread made from cooked and mashed chickpea with oil, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, salt. It is popular in the middle east.This easy dip recipe is great to make sandwiches for lunch box, or simply to serve with breadsticks or pita bread.
- 2cups Garbanzo beans or chickpea(soaked and boiled)
- 4-5tbsp olive oil
- 6-8 Garlic clove(roasted)
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3-4tbsp tahini
- 2-3 green chili
- 4-5 strings parsley(chopped)
- 1-2tsp boiled chana(for the garnish)
- 8-10pine nut(for garnish)
Combine the chickpea, garlic cloves parsley green chili, tahini, lemon juice, olive oil in a mixer or food processor and blend to a smooth pest, add little water if required.
Take out the mixture into a serving plate and pour olive oil, garnish with pine nut.
Refrigerate until use.