Winter has started in most parts of the world, here also the temperature is going down in the morning and evening and some time its hot sometimes its cold due to a constant change in temperature so people suffer from coughing, sour throats, sniffing and sneezing which are common in this kind of weather. I have been relying on some great home remedies for cold, flu and sinus infections. This homemade cough drop can really help soothe a scratchy & tickly throat, decongestion these are really easy & Quick to make them. So let’s Get started below are ingredients:
- 2cup Granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbs Fresh Lemon juice
- 2 Tbs honey
- 1 tsp Ginger( ground)
- 1/4-1/3 tsp cloves(ground)
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup powdered Sugar or cornstarch (for coating)
- 1tsp cinnamon ground(for coating)
- First, take a heavy bottomed pan or saucepan then add all the ingredients except honey & powdered sugar.
- Cook them until the hard crack stage, in about 300°F. This will take between about 15-20 minutes approximately depending on the pan and as well as the temperature of the heat.
- Prepare a baking tray with parchment paper grease it very well, another option is a marble slab which comes in handy and helps the drops to be cool quickly, but remember slab should be clean as hygiene is important.
- For testing the mixture is ready or not, take 1/2 cup of ice water and drop a cough drop with a spoon if it cracks its ready.
- Turn off the flame and add honey and mix them well, after that start making cough drop very carefully leave it for cooling 10-15 minutes.
- Remove drops after its fully cooling down, the drops need to be dusted with set aside sugar and cinnamon powder.
- Store them in a cool & dry place.
Tip: You can dissolve 2 to 3 Tablets in hot water and drink it slowly which will give quick relief if you have any itchy Throat, Sore Throat & decongestion.