Dahi Ke Kabab is crisp-soft and tasty, kababs made with hung curd or greek yogurt, it’s very famous in the north side of India. Dahi kabab is typically served as a party starter or appetizer perhaps served as a side dish for any course meal. These are great to make for any occasion or festivals, it’s very tasty, quite rich in taste and texture. Festival seasons start with Ganesh Chaturthi so any time or any special day-enjoy Dahi Ke kabab with green chutney, pudina chutney, tamarind sour & sweet chutney, or tomato sauce.
- 2 1/2 cups hung curd or greek yogurt
- 4-5tbsp chickpea(besan) flour(roasted)
- 1 cup cottage cheese(crumbled)
- 1red small onion(finely chopped)
- 1-2tbsp fresh coriander(finely chopped)
- 1tsp ginger (grated)
- 2-3green chili (finely chopped)
- 1/4tsp roasted cumin powder
- 1/4tsp black peppercorn
- 1Pinch clove powder
- 1/4tsp Green cardamom powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup Breadcrumbs
- Oil for shallow fry
- 1-2 tbsp dry fruit cashew, almond(finely chopped)
- Take a big bowl, add hang curd or Greek yogurt, crumbled cottage cheese, roasted chickpea powder, onion, ginger chili, fresh coriander leaves & other all ingredients, mix it well and make it non-sticky dough.
- Never do over kneading of curd because curd will release moisture, grease your both palm with little oil and make it small size of the ball make it little space and fill with one raisin and almond and cashew mixture, give shape kebab or patties.
- Take one plate to add breadcrumbs for coating the kebabs, coat kebabs with bread crumbs, set aside 5-7 minutes.
- Take a non-stick pan, when oil is hot enough for shallow frying, add gently kebabs on medium to low flame, flip very carefully to kebabs for another side when one side turns to start golden and crisp.
- When kebabs are ready both sides golden and crisp, drain Dahi Ke Kebabs on a kitchen towel to remove excess oil.
- Serve Dahi Ke Kebab with pudina chutney, tam¡¡arind sour & sweet chutney or tomato sauce.
- If don’t get hung curd or greek curd don’t worry here is the recipe how to make hung curd or greek curd it’s very easy…
- For making hung curd, curd should be fresh and not sour.
- Place a sieve over a bowl and line with a muslin cloth, pour the 3-4 cups fresh curd to cloth bring all edges together and gently wring to drain up excess whey or water of curd.
- Hang like that 5-6 hour very carefully because of whey should fully remove for our hung curd.
- Remove the excess whey completely, take out curd from muslin cloth in one bowl refrigerate 4-5 hours.
- HUNG CURD is ready for DAHI KE KEBAB!!