This classic pesto is one of the most delicious sauce.Pesto is traditionally Italian recipe with the distinct flavor of fresh basil, green chili, garlic cloves, lemon, pine nut, olive oil. Pesto can be made many ways like Cilantro pesto, Arugula Pesto, Classic pesto.It’s such an easy recipe.I absolutely love using it for pasta, noodles, sandwiches, and with the pancake.
- 1cupBasil leaves(washed and chopped)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2cup toasted pinenut
- 2-3 green chili or8-10 black peppercorn
- 6-8 garlic cloves(peeled)
- 1/3-1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt to taste
- combine all ingredients except oil in a crusher crush well in a smooth paste and then put oil combine it well.
- Pesto is ready
- To keep the pesto fresh and preserve the bright color, cover it with olive oil.Pesto can be stored in the refrigerator for 3-4 weeks.