Chilli paneer is one of the most popular recipes from the Indian Chinese cuisine, this chili paneer is spicy tangy or shallow fried cottage cheese. Chilli paneer is served with fried rice, rice noodles, Roomali roti &claccha paratha.
- 2-3 cups Cottage cheese
- one medium size Red Capsicum(cut into cubes)
- 2medium size Green capsicum(cut into cubes)
- 2 medium size Red Onion(cut into quarter)
- 1/2 cup spring onion (finely chopped)
- 1 1/2 tbsp Tomato Sauce
- 1 tsp Soya sauce(Optional)
- 1tsp Green chilli sauce
- 2-3 Red dry chilli (into small pieces without seeds)
- 1 1/2 tbsp Ginger ,Garlic paste
- 1tbsp corn flour(for slurry)
- 1 tbsp oil
For coating ofcottage cheese cube:
- 1, 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
for making better:
- 2tbsp plain refind flour(maida)
- 3 tbsp cornflour
- one pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup water
- First, take a bowl for coating cottage cheese cubes with dry corn flour and put aside for 5-7 minutes.
- Take another bowl to add refined flour, cornflour, a pinch of salt and water, mix it very well and make a fine batter (lumps should not be there)
- Take a deep pan or a wok for shallow frying cottage cheese add oil and shallow fry coated cheese cubes on medium flame, till it is in light golden color and set them aside
- Take the same pan for making gravy or Chilli Paneer sauce, heat oil add ginger, garlic paste, dry red chili pieces, Kashmiri Lal Mirch powder, saute for few minutes
- Add cubes of onion and saute them for 5-7 minutes till onions turn pink in color then add both the capsicums and saute for one to two minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, soya sauce & green chili sauce toss it for 1-2 minutes & add corn flour plus water mix it well, cook it for 1-2 minutes till the sauce thickens.
- Then add paneer cubes and spring onion mix it well, Chilli paneer is ready to be served, Garnish it with spring onion and Serve it.