Tabbouleh is mostly known as a middle eastern Bulgur Salad, but it is a parsley salad because a good Tabbouleh should have a distinct flavor of Parsley. In this salad, we use ingredients. Herbs and spices can make a simple salad that makes it a very the best salad & delicious salad ever, it is a favorite salad of my son & daughter. It′ s very easy and healthy. Tabbouleh Salad is a “super delish″ double plus is this salad gets better the longer it sits in your fridge. Bulgur is a good source of whole fiber.
- 1 cup Bulgur wheat
- 1cup water(for boil)
- 2-3 Medium-size Red Tomatoes(cut into diced and drain excess liquid)
- 2 Bunches of Fresh Parsley(finely chopped)
- 1 /4 cup Fresh Mint(finely chopped)
- 2-3Medium size red onion(finely chopped and soaked in ice water )
- 1-2 English cucumber(cut into cubed)
For the Dressing:
- 125ml Extra virgin olive oil
- 125ml fresh lemon juice
- Sea salt to taste
- 1tsp Roasted Cumin(powder
- 1 pinch Nutmeg powder
- 8-10Black peppercorn(coarsely crushed)
- 1/4tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/3tsp Ginger powder
- 1/3tsp Fenugreek seeds powder
- 1/4tsp paprika(optional)
(Mix all ingredients together and leave for8-10 minutes before mixing in salad)
- First, take a heavy base pan or saucepan add bulgur and water mix it and cook it 10-15 minutes, it should be cooked, not mushy(drain bulgur and squeeze out in a clean cloth to remove excess moisture).
- Take a large mixing bowl, combine tomatoes, onion cucumber, parsley, mint.
- Now add cooked, cooled and fluffed bulgur and mix it very well.
- Pour the dressing over the salad & mix it very well, cover and allow it to absorb flavors for about 30 minutes-1 hour before serving.
- Serve with grilled Pita Bread, Falafel and Authentic Hummus or Healthy Beetroot Hummus, Baba Ganoush ¡¡¡¡