Pomegranate syrup making is a very simple, it concoction of pomegranate juice, sugar & lemon juice. Pomegranate syrup has the same health benefits that pomegranate juice. Pomegranate juice contains antioxidants and B vitamins that provide various health benefits. This syrup is used in a dessert like Cheesecake, Pannacotta or Ice-cream and drizzles them on a pancake and waffles in the morning breakfast. Salad dressing would be just good. Pomegranate Molasses &Pomegranate Syrup are two different things as molasses is thick and dark and pomegranate syrup is a thinner version of the molasses.
- 3cups of Pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup sugar or as per required
- 1-1/2 tbsp Fresh lemon juice
- First, take a saucepan to add fresh pomegranate juice, sugar and lemon juice set over medium flame, cook stirring occasionally until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- When sugar dissolved reduce the flame and cook until the juice reduced 1/3 of juice. It will take 40-60 minutes, remember stirring occasionally.
- It should be the consistency of syrup. Remove from the flame allow it to cool completely saucepan for 35-40 minutes.
- Transfer into a jar before covering it should be fully cool, it can store in the refrigerator for 5-6 months.
Remember one thing making any syrup, jam or molasses, sugar ratio can less and more because its depend on the sweetness of the fruit or juice.