Paneer Kolhapuri has been adopted from the Veg Kolhapuri recipe. This curry is not very spicy nor there is much of oil floating on the gravy but full of flavor, because we use Kashmiri Lal Mirch if you want it to be spicier then use another red chili powder. Make this recipe perfect we should take the correct ratio of Kolhapuri spice mixed here, we are making it fresh for you so it is without any preservatives like it their in-market packets masalas, you can make this before Kolhapuri masala and it can be stored for future use. Paneer Kolhapuri curry is served with Butter naans, Kulchas, puri, Pudina(mini)or plain ajwain(carom seeds) Parathas, Tandoori roti or plain chappatis.
- 200-250gm Cottage cheese(cut into cubes)
- 8-10 cashew(soak in hot water for15-20 minutes)
- 3-4 medium-size red tomatoes( chopped)
- 3-4 green chili(chopped)
- 1 tsp Ginger paste or 1-2 inch piece
- 1/2tsp Garlic paste(optional)
- 1 Medium size red onion chopped (optional)
- 1/4tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2-1 tsp Kashmiri Lal Mirch powder
- 1-2 bay leave
- 1tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp Black salt
- Rock salt to taste
- 1tsp Kasoori Methi(for garnishing)
- 1-2tbsp Oil or ghee
- Water as per required
For Kolhapuri Masala:
- 1/3 cup Dried coconut
- 1-2tsp White sesame seeds
- 1tsp Poppy seeds
- 1tsp Cumin seeds
- 1tsp Fennel(saunf) seeds
- 2-3 Green cardamom
- 1pod Black cardamom
- 2tbsp Coriander seeds
- 3-4 Clove
- 1/2Inch Cinnamon stick
- 10 -12 Black peppercorns
- First, take a pan then add all the ingredients of Kolhapuri Masala roast on medium to low flame for 2-3 minutes and grind it to a make a fine powder and keep it aside.
- Next, take a blender to add soaked cashew, green chili, tomatoes, ginger and grind it a fine paste without water, keep the paste aside
- Now heat oil or ghee in a pan add the cumin seeds bay leaf then they start splutters add turmeric powder, coriander powder stir 1-2 seconds add ready cashew tomatoes paste stir continuously 2-3 minutes then mixture start dry and start leaving the sides of the pen then add Kashmiri Lal Mirch, black salt& before prepared Kolhapuri masala.
- Mix it very well and add water as per required stir it adds salt and cooks on medium to low flame until masala cooked it will take 6-8 minutes.
- Now add paneer cubes stir it & cook 4-6 minutes mix it well, yummy PaneerKolhapuri is ready for serves.
- Garnish with Kasoori Methi&serve hot with naans, chappati, kulcha, tandoori roti, pudina paratha, plain ajwain(carom seeds)paratha etc.