Today I thought of making something different for breakfast/snack time, so I tried making a pie for the first time that to a Pie with orange marmalade, It turned out to be a beautiful and tasty dish, my kids especially loved it too much as this was a weekend surprise & new addition to the breakfast menu in my home for them.
For Pie Crust:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2tsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 cups cold Butter(cut into small cubes)
- 1/2 cup or 7-8 tbsp iced cold water
- 1 1/2 cups home made orange marmalade or you can use market one.
For upside wash:
- 1 Egg
- 2-3tsp colored sugar balls(for sprinkles)
- Take a big bowl to add all-purpose flour,salt&sugarinto food processor, pulse one time add cold butter pulse until fine crumbs, start to add ice-cold water until the dough begins stars to hold together if its dry add cold water.
- Keep mixing the dough until it comes together into a ball. Remove dough cut into two parts, wrap the balls in a plastics beg to refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Once the dough is ready to roll it on a flat surface (with a sprinkle of some flour if needed) roll the dough until it is 1 cm. thick, again place the circle on a baking tray with some four and refrigerate again 10-15 minutes.
- Make another roll for the covering the top, you can make a simple round shape and cover it or make it with some designs.
- Take out first roll sheet tray & spread full orange marmalade, cover it with other roll sheet or make any design with another roll. Press inwards, Remember don’t squeeze the marmalade filling.
- Brush with egg wash, place again last time in the refrigerator for 6-7 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, remove from fridge brush again with egg wash and sprinkle with sugar balls. Bake 20-25 minutes until golden brown & crispy on top. Cut into slices & Serve the pie hot or cold.