Today I thought of making something different for breakfast/snack time, so I tried making a pie for the first time that to a Pie with orange marmalade, It turned out to be a beautiful and tasty dish, my kids especially loved it too much as this was a weekend surprise & new addition to the breakfast menu in my home for them.
For Pie Crust:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2tsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 cups cold Butter(cut into small cubes)
- 1/2 cup or 7-8 tbsp iced cold water
- 1 1/2 cups home made orange marmalade oryou can use market one.
For upside wash:
- 2-3tsp colored sugar balls(for sprinkles)
- Take a big bowl to add all-purpose flour,salt&sugarinto food processor, pulse one time add cold butter pulse until fine crumbs, start to add ice cold water until the dough begins stars to hold together if its dry add cold water.
- Keep mixing the dough until it comes together into a ball. Remove dough cut into two parts, wrap the balls in a plastics beg to refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Once the dough is ready to roll it on a flat surface (with sprinkles some flour if need it)roll the dough until it is 1 cm. thick, again place the circle on a baking tray with some four and refrigerate again 10-15 minutes.
- Make it another roll for the top covering it can make a simple round shape and cover it or make it with some designs.
- Take out first roll sheet tray &spresd full orange marmalade, cover it with other roll sheet or make any design with another roll. Press inwards, Remember don’t squeeze the marmalade filling.
- Brush with egg wash, place again last time in the refrigerate for6-7 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350F, remove from fridge brush again with egg wash and sprinkle with sugar balls.Bake20-25 minutes until golden brown&cispy on top. Cut into slices & Serve Pie hot or cold