Methi puri is crisp, tasty, and spiced which is generally prepared during the festival, traveled time, and any event. Its made with whole wheat flour, chickpea flour, semolina, fresh fenugreek leaves, or dried Kasuri methi & spices. Poori or puffed Indian flatbread is like on the go snacks and serve for breakfast,brunch&dinner, or any other meal of the day. Methi puri can serve with Chana masala, Paneer Hyderabadi, Sesame potato, Boondi Raita, Chutney, Pickle, etc, this fluffy meth puri can serve with any spicy curry.
- 2-3 cups wheat flour
- 2tbs gram flour
- 1 1/2tbs semolina
- 1/4tspcarom seeds(ajwain)
- 1pinch asafoetida
- 1 bunch fresh fenugreek leaves(finely chopped) or 2-3 tbsp Kasuri Methi
- Salt to taste
- water as per required
- Oil(for frying)
- First, take a big bowl, add wheat flour, gram flour, semolina, carom seeds, asafoetida, finely chopped fenugreek leaves, turmeric, salt & 2tsp oil or ghee, mix it very well all together.
- Now knead the dough by slowly adding water, the dough should be semi-stiff not too much hard or soft.
- When our dough is ready, let cover the dough & keep the dough aside for 20-30 minutes.
- Take a wok or heavy bottom pan add oil&leistartheating oil, in the meantime make small lemon size balls from the dough.
- Roll to make a 3-4 inch circle with the help of roller pin, gently lift the circle and drop it in the hot oil.
- Fry until puffs up and then flip with the help of a skimmer&cook on the other side until lightly golden in color. Slowly tap it, its help in puffing the puri.
- Once cooked remove the methi puri with a skimmer and place them on a kitchen paper towel to absorb extra oil.
- SERVE IT 🙂