Kesari peda is a traditional Indian milk-based fudge, this is semi-thick or semi-soft. Some people make it with the proper mawa,(khoya)or milk-based solid. In India Mathura is a place in U.P. There is a sweet called Mathura Peda, it’s made with the solid mawa but here I am making Kesari Peda made by instant mewa. We can make a different type of flavour and taste like Gulkand peda, pistachios & almond peda or other type pedas or pelkova. I have used chopped pistachios to top of Kesari peda. This recipe introduced a totally different taste& flavoured.
- 2 tsp pure ghee(clarified butter)
- 1 tin Condensed Milk(Rainbow)
- 2 cup Milk Powder
- 1/4 cup of milk(warm)
- 5-6 strands of saffron
- 3/4 tsp green cardamom
- 1-2tsp Fine Copped Pistachios
- First, take thick bottom pan or wok, add ghee, milk powder&condesed milk mix well & keep low flame, (remember lump should not be in the milk powder if it is there then sieve the milk powder before adding)
- Mix continuously both thing then add saffron milk, keep stirring on low flame.
- When the mixture thickness starts & separated from the pan, add cardamom powder and ghee to enhance the flavour.
- Mix very well, turn off flame.Instant khoya or mewa is ready for kesri peda.
- Spread the mawa to cool lightly, then start to make peda.
- Now take a scoop of instant mawa&prepare a small ball, give a shape of peda and place finely chopped pistachios or any dry fruits at the centre & press gently.
- INSTANT KESARI PEDA IS READY 🙂