Kashmiri pulao is one of the tastiest rice recipes. Kashmiri cuisine are usually rich in Flavour and aroma that are simple yet unique like some of my other kashmiri recipes which Dum Aloo,Zarda Rice & Yakhni Lauki
- 1 1/2 Basmati rice(long grained rice)
- 5-6 saffron strands(soak with hot milk)
- 6-8 cashews
- 8-10 almond(sliced)
- 15-20 green raisins
- 1-2 Bay leaf
- 2-3 clove
- 1tsp Sahi cumin seeds
- 5-6 black peppercorn(crushed)
- 2-3 green cardamom(crushed)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder or i/2 inch small piece
- 1tsp grated ginger
- 1/2 cup red pomegranate seeds
- 1 small apple(sliced thin small cubes)
- 1 1/2cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2-3 tbsp ghee or oil
- Salt to taste
- First, take a medium-sized bowl then add basmati rice and water for rinsing 2-3 time and soak them for 10 minutes.
- Take a deep pan or pressure cooker, heat 1/2 tbsp ghee on medium flame add cashews and almonds do shallow fry& transfer them in a small bowl.
- Add remaining ghee in the same pan and then add clove bay leaf green cardamom, Sahi cumin seeds, black peppercorn saute 1-2 minutes then add grated ginger cinnamon powder saute for 1minutes.
- Add soaked rice saute 1-2 minutes add milk, saffron milk, water, and salt, mix well and bring it to boil over medium flame.
- When starts to boil reduce the flame medium to low and cooked 8-10 minutes after 8-10 minutes check and fluff the rice with a fork.
- Add shallow fried dry fruits raisins chopped apple and pomegranate seeds, mix gently and cook for around 1-2 minutes.
- Turn off the flame, Kashmiri Pulao is ready to serve.
- Kashmiri Pulao is served with Mint Raita, pomegranate raita or any favorite curry ¡¡¡