Arbi / Taro Root cutlet is a very simple, easy, utterly delicious cutlet. It is usually made during festivals, Vrat [Fasting] even during get-togethers. Healthwise Arbi/ Taro root is an excellent source of dietary fiber and good carbohydrates. It has high levels of vitamin C, vitamin B6, and vitamin E also help to maintain a healthy immune system and may eliminate free radicals.
- 500 gram.Arbi
- 2-3 green chili(finely chopped)
- 1tsp fresh green coriander(finely chopped)
- 1,1/2 tsp Kashmiri Lal Mirch powder
- 1tsp Cumin powder(roasted)
- 1/2-1 cup Rajgira flour
- rock salt(as per taste)
- 1 – 2 Cup Curd
- oil(for frying or shallow fry)
- First, wash arbi or colocasia well and pressure cook them for 5-6 minutes, once the pressure is released peel arbi, cut into small pieces. let them cool completely.
- Take a bowl add arbi, green chili, coriander, cumin, red chili, 2-3tbsp rajgira flour, salt and mix it well everything well while mashing arbi pieces.
- Take a small part of arbi mixture and roll in rajgiri flour to coat all sides, now roll between both hands & give them the shape of cutlet of whichever type you want, do the same for the rest of the mixture.
- Heat the oil in a wok or deep pan for frying or shallow frying and place 2-3 cutlet for fry in medium heat until both sides golden brown&crisp.
- Place them on absorbent paper and drain the excess oil.
- Serve them hot with curd, green chutney & sour sweet Imli chutney.
If you are making it not during fast you can add finely chopped red onion also. 😛