Dal makhani is a very famous dish. This recipe is made with whole urad (black lentil), kidney beans with spice.
- Whole urad 1 cup
- Kidney beans (red) 3/4 cup
- Water as required
- Salt to taste
- 2 big size onion (small chopped)
- 2-3 tomato (small chopped)
- 2-3 spoon ginger garlic paste
- 2 tablespoon desi ghee
- Unsalted butter
- 1 spoon Cumin seed
- Cinnamon 2 inch stick
- 3-4 Green cardamom
- Nutmeg (one pinch)
- 3-4 Spoon fennel seed powder
- Kasoori methi (dry green fenugreek)
- Kashmiri mirch
- First, soak both urad and rajma for 6-8 hours. In the pressure cooker add soaked lentils and kidney beans and salt
- Put enough water to cover the lentils. start Cooking with high flame after one whistle you can change it to medium flame and let it cook for another 15-20 minutes or until the grains cook completely.
- After that, open the cooker and mash the grain roughly not too much.
- Take a heavy bottom pan roast kassoori methi in it. keep it aside.
- Put ghee (if you do not want use ghee, you can use oil) add cumin seed, asafetida sauté well put small chopped onion, ginger & garlic pastes fry it till onion starts to change color to pink then put other spices and tomatoes mix it well and cook for 2-3 minutes, add lentils mixture. If you feel your dal is thick then you can add water as much as required then cook 5-10 minutes on low flame.
- After that close it and for serving you put butter, a little cream, crush the roasted dry fenugreek leaves.
- Serve with roti or naan.