Basbousa is a very traditional dessert in MiddleEastern, very tasty and super delicious sweet cake.It is made from cooked semolina or farina soaked in simple sugar syrup. Coconut is a popular addition.The syrup may also have the flavor of orange and rose water.
- 1cup unsalted butter(melt)
- 1cup sugar
- 2cup semolina
- 1/2 cup fine semolina
- 1tsp vanilla, orange or any essence
- 1tspbaking powder
- 1tsp sods bicarbonate
- 1-1/2 yogurt
- 10-15 blanched split almonds
- 3/4 desiccated coconut powder
- 2-3 tsp tahini(for greasing)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1sp lemon juice
- First, you make sugar syrup
- Take a pan, dissolve sugar in water over on medium flame, add lemon juice and bring to boil8-10 minutes. Then put it aside.
- Start the preparation of semolina cake or Basbousa
- Take a big bowl first add both semolinas, sugar, desiccated coconut, baking powder, soda bicarbonate mix well all dry ingredients.
- Then add melted butter mix well add yogurt mix very well with hand.After taking a baking tray, grease with tahini.
- Spread the mixture on a baking tray and place the almond on top in rows.
- Bake in a preheated oven(180-200°C )for 40-45 minutes until Basbousa cooked.
- When cake cooked, pour syrup on the top quickly, cut into whichever shape you like diamond or square.
- Now it is ready to be served