7 November, 2017
This is my mother recipe which we usually make all the time. my family like it too much. It is very easy and quick to make.Gooseberry is regarded as the doctor of the medicines in kitchen, it is full of vitamin c and iron.
- 1 kg.Amla (boiled and take out seed)
- 3-4tsp.Yellow mustard seed(roast and grind)
- 1-2tsp. fenugreek(roast and grind)
- 3-4 tsp. roasted and grind kalonji(nigella)
- 3-4 tsp. fennel seed(roast and grind)
- 1/2tsp asafoetida
- 2-3tbsp red chili powder
- 2-3 tsp turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- Little jaggery
- 1/3-1/2 cup mustard oil
Pour mustard oil into the non-stick pan and heat it.Add the first asafoetida then other allspice saute one-two minutes then add salt and jaggery. Ater jaggery melted add gooseberry mix well, cook one -two minutes.
Amla pickle is ready, let it cool and store in a clean glass jar.
Serve with paratha, nan, puri etc. anytime.